Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Types of cookies and what they are used for
Social Media Cookies - So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
We use these cookies to:
- enable sharing to social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and Twitter);
- embed video/audio content (YouTube, Vimeo, Audioboom); or
- process donations (Virgin Money Giving);
- send marketing emails if you sign up to our newsletter (Mailchimp).
The privacy implications on this will vary across social networks and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies - We use Google Analytics, to collect information about visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, how visitors find us, and how long they stay so we can measure the site’s performance and make improvements.
Switching cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser’s settings to stop it from accepting cookies, or by declining to accept cookies when prompted by our website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, you can visit About Cookies or Attacat.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of some areas of our website. If you choose not to allow our cookies you can still use our website, but some functions may not work, and your experience may not be as smooth or as enjoyable as we aim to deliver for all our users.